Re: [Fedora-electronic-lab] Re: Call for Review : FEL 12 Release Notes (draft)

Hello there,

Well just a few points worth noting.

Every release, I called for some documents (FEL flyer and Release
Notes) review in front of the marketing team. I do this as FEL Spin
maintainer and my responsibility to report back to Fedora Board since
I'm granted the use of Fedora Trademark.

The Marketing team (while I understand FEL technical details might not
be relevant for even a software engineer) should focus on

    * Proper use of Fedora Trademark (whether little or too much)
    * whether FEL as a Fedora suproject is getting the desired marketing value
    * how the FEL spin can also give value to other Fedora "products"
    * Proper feedback from the community and upstream

This is basically what the review is about and this procedure should
also be used for other spins or fedora subprojects.

I would _not_ make any drastic change to the layout of the PDF
document or choosing another media, since I have used up all my time
dedicated for FEL documents. The PDF layout is basically what you can
see in any Corporate Release Notes [:1] I will consider any input that
gives Fedora and upstream a marketing value with the success of FEL
and any suggestions for improvement are welcome.

Since you opened a ticket here, I've closed the FEL ticket
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-electronic-lab/ticket/52

[:1] http://www.synopsys.com/Support/Licensing/Licensing/Documents/Dockeys/scl_11.0_release_notes.pdf

Chitlesh

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Mel Chua <mel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 09/15/2009 06:56 AM, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
>>
>> We have drafted FEL'12 Release Notes, which we dearly want to hear your
>> views.
>> http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/papers/FEL12ReleaseNotes.pdf
>
> Thanks, Chitlesh!
>
> I've created a ticket for this (in general, please put todo/help requests in
> Trac, so the Marketing team can track them) at
> https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/45 with some comments - can
> you see if that's what you'd like us to do?
>
> Yay! Our first consulting project! Anyone from Marketing want a client? ;)
>
> --Mel

Chitlesh GOORAH
Fedora Electronic Lab Architect
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL