Re: Want FEL-11 livedvd ?

Hi Chitlesh
I have been active in VLSI education for about 4 years now. Initially, I was installing tools (Alliance, Magic..) myself on Fedora 6, but maintaining the dependencies and versions became a big difficulty, since I had no expertise in managing these. It took almost 2 months of on and off work to setup all the tools as per the requirements. Soon came FEL8 and it was the perfect answer, I have been following and using the FEL distro since. So, let me thank you for bringing these tools under one controlled distro.

I am already part of the mailing list, but mostly restricted to only browsing the topics every couple of days as my day job keeps me busy. The amount of time & effort I can commit right now is very small.

I have a couple of friends who are also interested in improving the VLSI education scenario in India. We get together once in 6 months and conduct a 3-5 day VLSI workshop at any institute that invites us. The last workshop was conducted at Model Engineering College, Cochin and they have adopted FEL for running the curriculum lab courses. The next one is planned for late March this year.

Please send me any presentation material that can be used as an official introduction to FEL (I am using it only from a VLSI perspective). The livedvd will be helpful, I can try it for the next workshop.

Regards
David

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
Hello David,

I have seen your post on

http://groups.google.com/group/ilug-tvm/browse_thread/thread/232bf1ad5557d3ad

Thank you for your posts about opensource EDA tools. I appreciate your
commitment.
I would like to know if you need FEL livedvds for your presentations.
I will have budget to build livedvds for the next FEL-11. If you are
interested, we can ship them to you.

I would welcome you to join our mailing list
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-electronic-lab-list

Kind regards,
Chitlesh