Re: Fedora-electronic-lab

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 9:53 AM, Aniruddha wrote:
> Hello all;
> I have downloaded FEL live DVD from a torrent link which is about 1.24GB in
> size. I have already installed Fedora 10in my hard drive I want to install
> FEL in my hard disk in my existing fedora 10 operating system.
> Please help me about the process of doing so.
> As I am new in linux I would prefer a step by step discussion of the
> process.
> Thanks in advance.
> ANIRUDDHA

Hello

Case #1 :
If you have installed Fedora 10, there is no need to download FEL-10
livedvd again. All FEL applications can be installed with either:
- yum
- kpackagekit

yum is a command-line rpm installer.
to install any software with yum do:

su -
yum install SOFTWARE

Another alternative to the command line is kpackagekit (a graphical interface):

KDE icon -> System -> Kpackagekit software management

Then you can search your SOFTWARE to be installed.

To know which SOFTWARE you might want to install please have a look at :
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL/

>>>Featured Applications

Click on any item of you choice:
On the right hand side, you will see a section called "Tools".
There you will have the name of the SOFTWARE you want to install with
either yum or kpackagekit

Kind regards,
Chitlesh