Re: Roadmap of FEL - Discussion

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Aanjhan R  wrote:
> Heya folks!!
>
> Now that F10 is frozen, we must start activity for F11. As a result we
> would like to meet up in #fedora-electronic tonight at 2100 hrs CEST
> for a brief discussion. The Agenda will be mainly focusing on the
> road-map, immediate to-dos.
>
> Thanks for being there and sorry for the short notice.

Hello,

Hmm, this isn't what I agreed on having a meeting. But if you want to
have a meeting it is not a problem, I'll be online.

I'm still waiting for your suggestions for F11:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-electronic-lab-list/2008-October/msg00003.html

As for what I personally what to see are at least the following:
- more EPEL support, I already got 3 inside
- seek fedora-arm SIG experience to get better arm support on the
livedvd. (I'm referring to hardware development wrt to arm and not
porting the whole fedora collection to the arm arch)
- more FEL specific documentation
- improve FEL deployment + adding an electronic category to the menus
(fedora's comps.xml)
- more CAD/EDA oriented, than RPM packagers
- a "trac" demo on the FEL11 how CAD engineers can also tak advantage
of FEL, not only designers.

I had prepared this, last week, but still I'm still waiting for your
suggestions, before assigning task to specific heads. :)
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL/FEL11_devel_timeline.html

I hope, during tonight's meeting, we could update it.

Chitlesh