Re: Mapping tree rework

> On 21 Oct 2020, at 02:47, Pierre Rogier <progier@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> As we are speaking about the test, we should not forget to test the different
> mapping tree usages:
>    the common ones  (like standard, chaining or referral on update backends)
>    and the uncommon ones (like those involving the various distribution plugins)
> I am a bit uneasy about thoses, as I remember they sometimes involved weird configuration and custom plugins), that said it is old stories and things have probably changed. Let's hope that we now have a nice list of supported distribution scenarios

These are all really good ideas for expansion of the tests, for certain. Since the scope of the change is just the tree hierarchy, not the backend type though, then there should be no impact if it's chaining/bdb/referral in the tree, only that the nodes are correctly arranged.

But more testing is always good, and I'm looking at the area now anyway, so I'll add some of these. Thanks!

—
Sincerely,

William Brown

Senior Software Engineer, 389 Directory Server
SUSE Labs, Australia