Re: Bundle/Vendor process for npm/js

On Wed, Oct 02, 2019 at 01:20:24PM +1000, William Brown wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I'm looking at adding the steps for offline builds so that we can start to use rust. I know that you have some steps for preparing the tar for cockpit builds with npm/js deps.
>
> How are you doing this? I was hoping we could share some kind of prepare for offline or pre-build script or similar that could trigger the cargo vendoring process
Hi William,
so we have two stages here, right.

1. To begin with, we install the latest NPM packages, build the cockpit and pack it
to the tarball. At that stage, you should have the internet for NPM access.
https://pagure.io/389-ds-base/raw/master/f/rpm.mk
tarballs or dist-bz2 (it is used for Koji builds)

2. Then, we use the tarball to build RPM (or just to create SRPM). It is
an offline part. Basically, we freeze the NPM versions and our WebUI
state and use it for building purposes.
During the 'make install', it copies the directory to Cockpit
system dir.
https://pagure.io/389-ds-base/blob/master/f/Makefile.am#_744

P.S. probably, you know, but just in case -
Fedora release process can be checked here:
http://www.port389.org/docs/389ds/howto/howto-fedora-release-process.html

Is it what you want?

Regards,
Simon