Re: How to create a user with certificate with lib389

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 9:28 AM William Brown <wbrown@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > On 13 Jun 2019, at 16:09, Viktor Ashirov <vashirov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 3:26 PM William Brown <wbrown@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> Is the test case *just* testing if binary searching of attributes works?
> > The test was to check if we can query the server for
> > userCertificate=<data>, where <data> is a string representation of a
> > base64 encoded x509 certificate. The original test was also passing
> > binary representation (usercertificate;binary=...) to ldapsearch (to
> > see if it translates correctly to base64).
>
> Thanks for telling me what the test is meant to do! This is what I wanted to know from the start ...
Thank you for your patience. I'm sorry I missed this email thread, I'd
replied sooner to reduce the confusion.
To give some context: this test case also was testing client tools
(mozldap) to support binary filters. But this test case didn't age
well, so your approach below should be sufficient.
Thanks!

> So the base64 is only if the attribute is "longer" than a certain amount the ldapclient tools base64 it for viewing - the server actually doesn't care or know that it's going on at all, so really, this is a test if binary matching works.
>
> You can thus, setup a simpler test by setting
>
> with open('/tmp/test') as f:
>     data = f.readlines()  # or read(), I can't remember what does it all without newlines)
> Account.set('usercertificate', data)
> Accounts.filter('userCert=%b' % data)
>
> So then I'd tweak if it's %b or %s, I'd probably also to see what works and prevents python leaking state or formatting.
>
> Then work up to a full certificate.
>
> If you have a failuing example, please send me the access log and -v (DEBUGGING=True) lib389 output so I can help
>
> Thanks,
>

> > --
> > Viktor
>
> —
> Sincerely,
>
> William Brown
>
> Senior Software Engineer, 389 Directory Server
> SUSE Labs

Viktor