Re: Improve the demo objects from install

Hi William,

 With displayname you can only sort by "order of the displaynames". So we can at least consistently sort this given the scenario above!

Imagine a phone book sorted this way. In the US in any given town there would be 50 pages of Johns, making wayfinding really difficult. Is there a way for an application that's using LDAP in the backend to pull the last substring, for example, if they wanted to use the heuristic of last ordered is the sorting key?

 To *search* for surnames however, now you can do a substring search in the displayName field. I'm not sure of your LDAP profficency, but the search would be:

I'm really not proficient at all. Is this like a regexp so "=*Brown" matches any entries that end in "Brown"? Would this miss someone who had two surnames, say Sally Brown West, who chooses not to hyphenate?

Cheers,
~m