Re: GSoC Help: General Questions about the Project

On 03/21/2017 12:25 PM, Anurag Malyala wrote:
> Firstly sorry for the off topic post, but I had to post it here as its
> specifically written with this project in mind.
>
> 1. I've read up about dsadm and the dsconf tools from the website and
> have an idea about their working, the question is what types of
> administrative tools are going to be made/modified in the project?
AFAIK these tools are not fully functional yet.  William can comment on
this further.

> 2. Are there any other tools that'll be involved in the project?
New tools?  Not that I know - just dsadm/dsconf.  Eventually we will be
replacing many of the perl scripts with python scripts - but there is no
timeframe set for this.

> 3. Can someone also provide some more detailed info on the project
> which extends beyond the description on the ideas page and the
> dsconf/adm pages? any link/text will suffice.
What is the ideas page you are referring to?

We are planning on doing a full-blown web UI Admin console which will
replace the current java console(389-console), but that is probably a
year out from now.

> looking forward to contributing towards this project.
Contributions would be great!

Thanks,
Mark