Re: [389-devel] Running single tests against dirsrv

On 03/23/2015 06:06 PM, William wrote:
So I can't actually just test these individual components.

You can't.  The dynamic plugin suite is a single test, there is no way
to just run the mep plugin test without editing the code.  Note, the
dynamic plugin test suite is just to test the new "dynamic"
functionality of plugins,  it does not do a full plugin test(for any of
the plugins), but it just tests one or two key features from each plugin.

We have internal tests that are slowly being ported over to lib389 in
the DS source code.  However, a full MEP test suite has not been ported
to lib389 yet.
Thanks for clearing that up. A lot of the content in the dynamic suite
really looks like it could be broken out into smaller unit tests also.
Well "Dynamic Plugins" was a big change, so we wanted to test all the major plugins. Actually I was going to use the Dynamic Plugins suite as a template to start writing the individual plugin tests.

Please checkout:

http://www.port389.org/docs/389ds/howto/howto-write-lib389.html

It tells how to use the setup script to create a testcase, and common procedures. Then I would copy the MEP plugin test from Dynamic plugins to start your new test script.

Mark

I would be interested to know when you have a MEP test suite available.
I noticed some edge cases with MEP in production, and wanted to write
tests before I started to cut code to fix these issues.

Until then, do you think it suitable to add my extra use cases into the
dynamic suite and just test using that?