Re: [389-devel] Re: Please review: OpenLDAP support

Howard Chu wrote:

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 13:20:22 -0600
From: Rich Megginson<rmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx>

Note - the patch does not contain the diffs for configure nor Makefile.in
http://rmeggins.fedorapeople.org/0001-OpenLDAP-support.patch

As noted in your patch, the OpenLDAP API doesn't provide any options to control SSL session caching. In the past I hacked that into my clients by retrieving the OpenSSL context handles and using the OpenSSL API directly. Obviously that's not a viable way forward since we now have 3 different TLS libraries to deal with. So, we will probably be adding a couple set_option() flags for this purpose Real Soon Now. If there's anything good or bad about the way MozLDAP handles this, let me know what you think...

We'll also be providing a callback for obtaining the password for the private key... Again that's something we've ignored because OpenSSL has provided its own for so long.

libcurl has a similar SSL abstraction layer that works with OpenSSL, GnuTLS and NSS. You might find some inspiration there.

rob