Re: [389-devel] Please Review: Auto-generate SLAPI documentation - first pass

Nathan Kinder wrote:
Noriko Hosoi wrote:
Nathan Kinder wrote:

Looks good.

It might be a stupid question... doesn't slapi.doxy need any copyrights?

And I'm wondering if there is any easy way to see the diffs on the browser as we usually do/did on bugzilla? Probably, sdiff style output could be good enough. But I'm spoiled by the pretty print and colouring... :)
I've only played with this for a minute, but it looks like git-gui will do what you want. It allows you to view each commit as diffs, the new file (with color coded changes), or the old file (with color coded changes). To review a large patch, you could create a branch in your local repo, apply the patch you want to review, and take a look at that branch in git-gui. It doesn't look like you can do a side-by-side view like bugzilla, but you can easily switch back and forth between the "old" and "new" views.
I've found that you can get a side-by-side color coded diff if you install the meld package in addition to git-gui. From within git-gui, you can right click on the file name in the lower-right panel when viewing a commited patch and select "external diff" from the pop-up menu. This will open up the diff for that file within meld, which gives you a nice side-by-side view.

Thanks,
--noriko