Re: [Fedora-directory-devel] How to configure new Backend

Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 14:32:28 +0530
From: Eswar S <eswars@xxxxxxxxxx>

Thank you for Replay. As per FAQ I need to write my own plug-in for storing
ldap entries into mssql/oracle database.
I have seen slapi to write Server plug-in and examples provided at
/opt/fedora-ds/plugins/slapd/slapi/examples. But I am not finding sample
code for writing plug-in for Backend databases.
Is there any sample code for writing plug-in for backend database?

I am referring this link to write  plug-in.
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/plugin/7.1/pluginTOC.html

Thank you Eswar S

You could just use OpenLDAP, which already provides a back-sql backend...

In any case, using SQL as a backing store for LDAP is a couple orders of magnitude slower than using the native LDAP databases. Taking this approach is OK when you need access to existing SQL data and have no other choice. If you're just creating a new database, it's best to avoid SQL entirely. In the case of OpenLDAP, using the proxycache overlay in combination with the back-sql backend will improve search performance.
--
  -- Howard Chu