Re: [Fedora-directory-devel] Need to configure, but not start fedora-ds

Andrew Bartlett wrote:
<snip>
A few things would be useful:

Firstly, for the path to the ldapi socket to be part of the inf file, so
I can make it identical between the two supported servers (just makes my
life easier).
If I can't get that, then I need to be able to modify the dse.inf before
it starts.

Slightly adjunct to this, i need a way to prevent the DS from binding to
anything except the unix domain socket (for security).  ie, no IPv4
ports.

For the ds to be configured, but not started, so I can can copy out the
default schema, and replace it with just the core schema, and samba4's
schema.
ds_newinst requires the server to be started to add the default acis in cn=config, cn=schema, cn=monitor and elsewhere. So if the server is not started by ds_newinst, these acis will not be present, and the server will have no access except for read only access to the root DSE. Is this ok?
Once I do all that, I would like to start the server for the first time,
knowing I've got full control over it's parameters.

Andrew Bartlett