Re: [Fedora-directory-devel] fedora DS website design

Seth Nickell wrote:
I've been tweaking the DS wiki skin to remove a lot of the noise
produced by media wiki tooling. If anyone is interested, you can take
a look at what I've got so far by:

1) signing into the wiki
2) going to preferences (at the top right of the screen)
3) going to the "skin" section
4) selecting the "FDS" skin

Its still got some serious bugs (like the tabs end up mis-laid-out on
big pages like http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/FAQ), but if
anyone has general feedback I'd be interested.

I've also been focusing the text on some of the pages (particularly
the home page), so take a look at that too.

-Seth

It's much prettier than the skin I did.

A few comments:

- the person icon to the left of the logged-in account name looks a little strange - I'm not a UI guy, far from it, but the sort of grey-ish background in the title bar is a tad dark such that it's hard to see the blue of the Fedora infinity logo. - In both Seamonkey 1.1 and Konqueror 3.5.2 the tab boxes are slightly below the horizontal line. I'm at 1600x1200. - Konqueror isn't rendering bullet points, just the indented text (see FAQ or Building for examples). - As we discussed in IRC it doesn't really work with IE6. The left nav bar doesn't render and the top screen image doesn't render properly either. I just see a dark grey triangle in the upper-left. The tab boxes are slightly below with this browser as well.

rob

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Directory Announce]     [Fedora Users]     [Older Fedora Users Mail]     [Fedora Advisory Board]     [Fedora Security]     [Fedora Devel Java]     [Fedora Desktop]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Package Review]     [Fedora Art]     [Fedora Music]     [Fedora Packaging]     [CentOS]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Art]     [Fedora Docs]