Re: version module is missing from SRPM build root

On 27/10/14 11:37, Petr Pisar wrote:
Hello Perl packagers,

on Friday, I fixed the perl-Module-CoreList file list, so that all
Module-CoreList's files are distributed only in the package. As a consequence,
perl-version package is not installed into the minimal build root now.

For example if you use the version module to define an RPM package
version, this will not work anymore. (I found only one such RPM package.)

Also if you use the version module when building a package, then don't forget
to build-require the module. This is especially true for modules installed
into standard Perl include paths which run-require the
perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_...) whose exact value is computed by the version module.

Since every perl module package should be doing this, would it not make sense to add perl(version) as a dependency of something that *does* get pulled into the buildroot for perl module builds? perl-srpm-macros perhaps?

Paul.

--
Fedora Extras Perl SIG
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs/Perl