Re: Announcing Tangerine

On 11/09/14 11:45, Paul Howarth wrote:
On Mon, 8 Sep 2014 15:21:08 +0200
Petr Šabata <contyk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey everyone,

I've just published [0] and packaged [1] a tool & a set
of modules for simple perl analysis, currently based on
PPI, although that may change later.  I decided to name it
`Tangerine'.  There isn't really a reason for that.  It's just
as good name as any.

I've been using a tool like this on a daily basis for some
time already, mostly to make dependency checking less tedious.
Now I've cleaned it up a little (read: rewritten completely)
and hopefully made it more extensible.

At the moment it can discover simple `package', `require' and
`use' & `no' statements as well as deps brought in via `aliased',
`base', `parent', `if', `Mo' and `POE'.  I plan to add support
for (at least) `Moo' / `Moose' syntax and `Test::Requires'
in the near future.

I would also like to add support for Tangerine to cpanspec in the
future (along with other things but that's a different topic).

Any feedback, ideas and suggestions welcome.

Great little tool, I can see myself using this every day.

A handy feature to have would be to be able to compare two directories (or better still, tarballs) and see where there are usage changes in any file, ignoring line numbers. That would help when doing package updates.

Paul.

--
Fedora Extras Perl SIG
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs/Perl