perl.pc file, for pkg-config, in perl-devel

Hi,

This may not be the place to discuss this; if so, I apologies and beg you to show me the right place.

I'm currently working on a C project which provides ability to extend the project through perl plugins -- among lua, ruby, python and C plugins. Although the perl plugin support is fine in itself, we miss the perl.pc file to be able to use pkg-config in our Makefile as we do with the others languages.

We thus wrote an attached perl.pc file suitable to Fedora 19 and wondered if this file could be added to the perl-devel package. This file should be placed in the /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/ folder after installation for pkg-config to be able to find it. The file is an adapted copy of the lua.pc file found in this very same directory.

If this solution is kept, a symbolic link may even be created to reference /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/perl.pc in the same directory, but with the perl version installed (something like `ln -s /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/perl.pc /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/perl5.16.pc' for Fedora 19) to ensure compatibility, although such file shouldn't change to much.

Thanks for reading until here,
Kind Regards
--
Aorimn