Re: Packages with inactive owners orphaned and inactive comaintainers removed

On 01/11/2012 03:30 AM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
As part of the announced cleanup after the mass password and ssh key reset,
packages that had owners who were inactive at this time were orphaned.
comaintainer who were inactive were likewise removed from packages.

The list of orphaned packages is here:
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/attachment/ticket/3046/to-be-orphaned.txt

The list of packages that lsot comaintainers is here:
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/attachment/ticket/3046/to-be-losing-comaints.txt

The perl-* packages owned by cweyl were reassigned ownership to mmaslano,
one of the comaintainers under the assumption that this was what the perl
team would desire.
I was under the impression, it's the perl-sig's intention to have packages which loose its primary maintainer, to be "colaboratively" maintained. It's at least how I remember the situation when JPO had quit and had left 100s of packages behind.

IIRC, back then, packages having had a co-maintainer had been assigned to the 1st co-comaintainer or somebody having stood up to voluneer filling the gap. Those remaining without maintainer were assigned to "spot as placeholder", because the packagedb wasn't able to cope with "maintainer == perl-sig".
I guess the packagedb situation hasn't sufficiently improved since then?

Anyway, I just noticed the iburrell packages also are on your list. IMO, these should likely followup the "cweyl treatment", because much of perl would not be usable without them.

Ralf

--
Fedora Extras Perl SIG
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs/Perl