Re: Small issues in the Packaging:Perl Wiki Page

On Sat, Jul 29, 2017 at 12:43:46PM -0000, Dominic Hopf wrote:
> I've noticed two small issues in the Packaging:Perl wiki page here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Perl They're both quite at the
> bottom of the list, thus it's useful to scroll down on that page before
> reading further.
>
> * one thing is, that the link to this mailing list actually doesn't work
> anymore

This is because the Fedora lists moved to Mailman 3 and nobody bothered with
updating links in the wiki.

> * the other thing is that the code block for the PERL5_CPANPLUS_IS_RUNNING
> stuff is in the wrong paragraph

It belongs to Useful tips section. Probably a mistake when editting the page.

> I unfortunately am not able to fix this myself because of some permission
> issues. The message was:
>
> /quote
>
> The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Packaging.
> quote/
>
> Actually, I am packaging stuff for Fedora but I'm new to also build Perl
> packages. Not sure what exactly is missing here.

The page is Packaging guidelines. Guidlines can be edited only by a Fedora
Packaging Committee (FPC) member because they define how packaging must be
done.  Probably the group name is misleading.

The proper way how to fix it is to report it to the FPC
<https://pagure.io/packaging-committee/issues>. Do you want to do it, or
should I handle it?

-- Petr