Re: Packaging CPAN modules for Fedora, the Oslo QA Hackathon, CPAN::Porters

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On Fri, 2008-03-07 at 17:19 +0200, Gabor Szabo wrote:

IMHO there is very little communication between the distro communities and
the Perl community. Some Debian people have started a dialog on the last
YAPC in Vienna and I wish we can increase that even further.
The QA Workshop in Oslo would be a great opportunity for that but if none of
you can come then the next YAPC::EU in Coppenhagen can be also good for
more personal contact.

<sigh/> That's fundamental problem "community-driven/maintained"
distros like Fedora and Debian: Volunteers don't have travel budgets
;)

If there are meetings like this where it is beneficial to Perl if people meet up to face to face, then it's possible that The Perl Foundation[1] would be interested in sponsoring at least part of the travel and accommodation costs. If you're interested, then it's certainly worth speaking to them about it.

Dave...

[1] http://foundation.perl.org/

--
Fedora Extras Perl SIG