Re: Archive::Zip - 'unauthorized' release.

On 6/4/07, Robin Norwood <rnorwood@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, I was thinking something along the lines of "if a package is
flagged as 'unauthorized' in CPAN, don't take it until you figure out
why and verify that it is legitimate."  But maybe that is assumed to be
common sense. :-)

Sounds fairly commonsensical to me.

One thing I usually do when updating modules is to review the diff
between the version in Fedora and the released version.  (Off "tools"
on the search.cpan.org dist page or the "diff" link on the modules
version page.)  It gives me a good idea if I can expect the BR's to
change, and what's going on...  I'd definitely add a good hard look at
the diff if the dist page said 'UNAUTHORIZED' in big red letters  :)

                                        -Chris
--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Announce]     [Fedora Kernel]     [Fedora Testing]     [Fedora Legacy Announce]     [Fedora PHP Devel]     [Kernel Devel]     [Fedora Legacy]     [Fedora Maintainers]     [Fedora Desktop]     [PAM]     [Red Hat Development]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite Information]