Re: Overriding core Perl modules

--On Wednesday, April 27, 2005 11:43 AM -0400 Chip Turner <cturner@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yep, this option works too, except that upgrading to a new Perl would
still use the old module.  Probably okay.  (or is rawhide set so that
site_perl comes before vendor_perl and even the local perl's dirs,
now?  I think I fixed that, not sure)

That would be nice. Currently (FC2 for me) one must issue a "use lib" in code that needs to override builtins with site libs.

But hey, I could change cpanflute2 to at least offer a
--local-manpages option un the meantime, til perl is fixed, that would
move whatever was in /usr/man to /usr/local/man; would that suffice?

That would be a good interim workaround until Perl and FHS figure out the Right Thing.

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Announce]     [Fedora Kernel]     [Fedora Testing]     [Fedora Legacy Announce]     [Fedora PHP Devel]     [Kernel Devel]     [Fedora Legacy]     [Fedora Maintainers]     [Fedora Desktop]     [PAM]     [Red Hat Development]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite Information]