Re: Needed: Mission Statement

Warren Togami wrote:
I am thinking perhaps we should auto-CC all FC and FE perl* packages to a fedora-perl-bugs@xxxxxxxxxx list, and anybody that wants to follow all perl reports subscribe to that list. This is easier to maintain than adding several people auto-CC to hundreds of packages in Bugzilla. Then we can set filters on that list so only the most important types of bug mail are sent there in order to keep relevancy higher.

I realize this isn't ideal, so very interested to hear your ideas of how we can better balance keeping informed with traffic volume.

I'm reconsidering the fedora-perl-bugs list idea for two reasons:
1) There is no way to post FC bugs with embargo and hide that traffic from the list. By default anybody subscribed there would see the security embargoed details and so would the list archive. 2) It is *annoying* to receive both bug mail directly, and a duplicate from a bug distribution list. Bugzilla has no way of knowing that you would receive it twice. Although this would be helped by filtering the list mail before bug mail...

OK only #1 is a real problem. That problem only makes this feasible if we have a way of creating hidden bugs without adding auto-CC. Current Bugzilla this is not possible.

The alternative to this list is to add the few perl team leaders auto-CC to all perl* FC packages. Those members would be privy to embargo details and expected to keep it private until the embargo lift date.

Or maybe this worry isn't too bad, because embargo on perl* really does not happen often? I have no clue...

Thoughts?

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Announce]     [Fedora Kernel]     [Fedora Testing]     [Fedora Legacy Announce]     [Fedora PHP Devel]     [Kernel Devel]     [Fedora Legacy]     [Fedora Maintainers]     [Fedora Desktop]     [PAM]     [Red Hat Development]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite Information]