Re: Corretto?

The Amazon team working on Corretto is a good upstream contributor to
OpenJDK, so their build isn't really that different from either the
vanilla upstream OpenJDK builds or from the Fedora ones we maintain,
for this reason I'm not so sure if there's value in having it packaged
specifically for Fedora, it would just be additional maintenance work,
but of course you can always download it from their repositories and
use it - afaik they even offer an RPM package and this should work
without problems (I haven't tested it though).

Cheers,
Mario

On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 6:04 PM Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 09:20:00AM +0000, Mat Booth wrote:
> > Amazon Linux moves to Amazon's own distribution of OpenJDK by default?
> > Makes sense to me. What are you curious about?
>
> I guess: is it interesting as something in parallel to "vanilla" OpenJDK as
> an option in Fedora? Should I try to encourage the Amazon Linux folks to go
> that route?
>
> --
> Matthew Miller
> <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Fedora Project Leader

Mario Torre
Manager, Software Engineering, core OpenJDK
Red Hat GmbH <https://www.redhat.com>
9704 A60C B4BE A8B8 0F30  9205 5D7E 4952 3F65 7898