Re: How to make Xmvn search in several prefixes

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 10:16 PM Hartmut Goebel
<h.goebel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I tried to use the "prefixes" (according the the Xmvn configuration reference [1]) as shown below. But the Xmvn does not even try to access these prefixes. Can somebody explain why, please?
[...]
> I learned that I need to define <metadataRepositories>, which worked. But I'm wondering what are the <prefixes> then used for and how to test whether my set-up is correct.

Prefixes and metadataRepositories are used for locating metadata in
different formats. The former ones are for the old format (JPackage
"depmaps") while the latter are for "new metadata" that is specific to
XMvn. Current versions of XMvn don't support depmaps any longer, so
prefixes are not used. In configuration file format I kept prefixes
for backwards-compatibility, so that trying to parse some old config
files wouldn't lead to parse errors. But I think now it's time to
remove prefixes altogether.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski