ASM 5 for EPEL 7

Hi all,

I'm trying to get FindBugs into EPEL 7, but need a newer version of ASM than is currently available in RHEL 7 or CentOS 7.

I saw this thread:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/java-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/VB3L575IPTF2LSLKVXUNTASR62JS7V6F/

I think Christopher found a workaround for his case, and therefore didn't end up needing ASM 5. For FindBugs, however, I think I will need ASM 5.

As far as I can tell, in RHEL 7 and CentOS 7, "objectweb-asm" is ASM 3, and "objectweb-asm4" provides ASM 4.

I therefore have the same question that Christopher asked:

> How does one go about packaging version 5 for EPEL7? Should I use the
> epel7 branch of objectweb-asm to create an objectweb-asm5 package for
> EPEL7? Or, should I fork the objectweb-asm repo and submit a new package
> review for objectweb-asm5?

Regards,

Rich

--