Re: Saxon-HE: new package or update?

----- Original Message -----

> Il 18/02/2016 02:36, Ding Yi Chen ha scritto:
> > Background information:
> > Upstream of package saxon (http://saxon.sourceforge.net/) has changed the
> > Open source branch to Saxon-HE, as well as the maven artifact since version
> > 9.4.
> >
> > I would like to update the Saxon version, that will also change the maven
> > artifactId from
> > saxon to Saxon-HE.
> >
> > As far as I can see, if I just update the saxon version to >= 9.4,
> > the packages that requires mvn(net.sf.saxon:saxon) will break:
> > pmd
> > shrinkwrap-descriptors
> >
> > Packages that requires saxon might also affected:
> > olfs
> > scilab
> > writer2latex
> >
> > Should I create a new package Saxon-HE, or just update the saxon?
> Hi
> is not enought append net.sf.saxon:saxon to mvn_alias macros
> or is (also) a problem with break compatibility with newer apis ?
> in this last case you should create  a compact package (see log4j12,
> lucene3/4, solr3 as e.g. )
> regards
> .g
> p.s. please, for this purpose send the email @ Fedora Java Development
> List java-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

According to http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/#!changes/api/9.3-9.4
It does not seem to have breaking change.
So I will probably use mvn_alias.

Thanks!

--
Ding-Yi Chen
Software Engineer

Red Hat, Asia-Pacific Pty Ltd
Level 1, 193 North Quay
Brisbane 4000
Office: +61 7 3514 8100
Fax: +61 7 3514 8199
Website: www.redhat.com

Red Hat, Inc.
Facebook: Red Hat APAC | Red Hat Japan | Red Hat Korea | JBoss APAC
Twitter: Red Hat APAC | Red Hat ANZ
LinkedIn: Red Hat APAC | JBoss APAC