Re: Searching for Java classes in Fedora packages - java-deptools in Fedora Cloud

On 2015-08-12 18:54, Roland Grunberg wrote:
java-deptools is a project that can extract class information from RPM
packages. It has been provided as a commandline tool and now I'm working
on bringing it online as a web service. The web service can search for
class names and tell you in which RPMs the classes exists in Fedora. It
is now available in Fedora Cloud at:
http://java-deptools.fedorainfracloud.org/

Currently, it can only be used for searching for class names in Fedora
Rawhide, but there are plans for more. Please keep in mind that the
current instance is experimental and may not be reliable (the database
is currently regenerated manually). Ideas for features/contributions are
welcome.
Source repository is at: https://github.com/msimacek/java-deptools

This is pretty cool, and would love to have something similar for OSGi
metadata in Fedora. There's already capabilities for querying this kind
of metadata directly from a filesystem and doing it from rpms shouldn't
be too tricky.

Should be definitely possible. I also plan to query Maven metadata. But I'm not that familiar with OSGi, what kinds of information would you be interested in? Does it mean just storing and querying the manifests or should I use something more high-level?

Michael