Re: Running the guava test suite on package build

Il 04/06/2015 23:15, Noa Resare ha scritto:

Thanks!

I hit a slight snag in my progression to publish the depenencies. It turns out that one of the dependencies, caliper doesn't build in rawhide because of a dependency on jersey-client:1.11. There is a compatibility package in rawhide named jersey1 which provides jersey-client:1.19 but it seems like the "fuzzy artefact resolution" going on works differently when depending on compat packages and there needs to be an exact version match (updating the dependency version to something jersey1 provides, such as 1.19 or 1 makes the package build.)

What is the best cause of action here? A, flip the dependency from 1.11 to 1.19. B, flip the dependency from 1.11 to 1. Any of those seems to have potential to be "interesting" when some other code has it's more specific dependency on jersey fulfilled transitively.

Another quick question: attempting to use the same copr project for both a released version of fedora and rawhide doesn't make a lot of sense, in the case of java with fast moving and complex dependencies, right? I assume after having run into this that I would want one copr project per target so that I can let the packages diverge.

/noa
hi

it should work both ways. but in case of an upgrade of jersey1 package

you must change the version references
an example ho manage a compat package:
%pom_xpath_set "pom:dependency[pom:groupId = 'com.sun.jersey']/pom:version" 1
or
%pom_xpath_set "pom:dependency[pom:groupId = 'com.sun.jersey']/pom:version" 1.19
the same should be done for hibernate-core

regards
gil