Re: still newbie, #2: rpmbuild & deps madness.

On 2015-02-23 13:17, Alec Leamas wrote:
On 22/02/15 11:58, Alec Leamas wrote:
Greetings, gurus!

So, I have have successfully built two dependencies (thanks for all
help!), and now going for the third which requires the the first two.
The build is OK, but rpmbuild crashes.

So, after a debugging session deep down in the python libraries the bug is simple: when I install the DecodeIrCaller package, it sets the metadata file to 600, so rpmbuild can't read it. It would have been easy if it wasn't that the python packages have mis-configured logging so there is no reasonable error message.

The python logging is a plain bug I will file. But the mystery is why my DecodeIrCaller package installs the metadata for this very package as a 600 file.

The relevant pieces:

The spec: http://ur1.ca/js840
The pom: http://ur1.ca/js842

The problem:
$ ls -l /usr/share/maven-metadata/DecodeIrCaller.xml
-rw-------. 1 root root 938 Feb 23 13:02 /usr/share/maven-metadata/DecodeIrCaller.xml

Has anyone a clue?

You shouldn't specify metadata files (and poms and jars) manually, but use
%files -f .mfiles

Then the permissions are specified by the tooling and the problem should go away. If not, please fill a bug.

Michael Simacek

Cheers!

--alec