Re: Eclipse Luna on Fedora 21 and JDK 8 requirement

On 30 Oct 2014, at 11:06, Jiri Vanek wrote:

On 10/30/2014 09:46 AM, Sudhir Khanger wrote:
Hello,

I have just upgraded to Fedora 21. There is only OpenJDK 8 on F21. I
need Oracle JDK 7 for Android Development so I have set that as my
system default so that I can use it with Android Studio too. Eclipse
Luna crashes with JDK 7. As per this bug report [1] Eclipse Luna
requires Java 8 on F21. Upstream Eclipse Luna requires JDK 7 or above.
How can I use Eclipse Luna on F21 with Oracle JDK 7 as default?

Dont use oracle blob.
If you need 7, rebuild f20 openjdk7 packages.
Then you will have two jdks, and will be able to switrhc among them via alternatives.

Not a viable option for those that want to use i.e. JavaFX.

But just for me to learn - supporting multiple versions of Java is an important part
of many java frameworks and applications.

Thus its surprising to me if fedora does not provide access to multiple builds of java for such testing. Does Fedora really only provide *one* Java runtime to install and test against ?

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen