Re: Fedora Java-SIG projects for GSoC 2014

On 03/10/2014 01:44 PM, Lali Devamanthri wrote:
> Is there any projects we can propose for this year Google Summer of Code
> programme. I have noticed there are no any single project idea proposed in
> Java for Fedora (but there are few from last year)

Packaging itself is not a good candidate for GSoC -- it usually requires
cooperation with other package mainatiners and working with upstreams.
Besides that someone has to maintain the packages after GSoC ends.

I have just added two Java-related proposals, you can see them at [1].
Both are about developing new Eclipse plugins for helping with
Fedora-related tasks.  They should meet all criteria for GSoC.

[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_coding_ideas_for_2014#Idea_list_for_GSoC_2014

--
Mikolaj Izdebski