Re: Eclipse WTP problems...

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Mary Ellen Foster <mefoster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 19 April 2013 09:13, Mikolaj Izdebski <mizdebsk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> If %_libdir is used only to build the jar then I don't see any problem
>> with using %_libdir in the spec file, even in noarch package.
>

> It used to be the case that, when building a noarch package in koji, you
> might get a ppc64 build host -- where %{_libdir} is "/usr/lib" but eclipse
> is installed in "/usr/lib64". See
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-March/msg00022.html
>
> The above might not be true any more; I haven't checked for a while ...
>
> MEF

That (or similar) might be what happened to all of the scratch builds
that I've tried so far. It's probably unlikely that all 3 of the
builds that I've tried were on a ppc64 host (unless we have a lot of
those for some reason?). %_libdir expanded to /usr/lib on all when it
was f19 x86_64.

I can't link to any of the scratch builds right now, because I'm at
work with access to very little. Being at work is also forcing me to
use the gmail web interface, so if this mail comes out as some
horrible travesty, I'm terribly sorry!