Re: Deprecating tomcat6 in rawhide

> We've had tracking bug[1] for migrating away from tomcat6 for quite a
> while.
> There's still one bug open for kawa but it doesn't look like it's
> getting fixed
> and there are more packages entering Fedora which are again pulling
> in tomcat6
> as dependencies. There's only one way to stop it - deprecate tomcat6
> in rawhide
> now and deal with breakages that will happen.
>
> They should be fairly easy to fix (adding a few empty methods here
> and there).
>
> If people have no objections I'd like to ask David to deprecate
> tomcat6 in
> rawhide[2]. If needed I can do it myself once David orphans the
> package.

I fully agree. Tomcat 6 should be deprecated in Fedora. It has many (19)
open bugs and several unresolved security vulnerabilities (7). It fails
to build from source in Fedora 19.

Tomcat 7 has only 1 unresolved bug and no security issues. Most of
packages are already using Tomcat 7, those who are not could be fixed
without much problem.

I definitely think that Tomcat 6 should be deprecated.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski