Re: New Java guidelines

----- Original Message -----

That's assuming it's a maven artifact.  But in general, I can sort
of agree that guidelines that specify divergence from upstream are
not exactly ideal.  I wonder though, for xmvn and the automated
dependency fluff being introduced, how well does this work if there
is no mapping from fedora package name to jar location?  Would
packages that introduce such jars need to add virtual provides?  I
admit, I ask this as someone 100% ignorant of the implementation.

> > but... under Specfile Template for Apache Maven:
> > "# BR java-devel only if you need specific version
> > [BuildRequires: java-devel >= java version]"
>
> I think maven(-local) should already Requires: java-devel such that
> if
> you're building with maven this should already be covered.

No arguments here, my concern is more about conflicts among different
sections of the guidelines.  If we make changes, I'd like to see them
be as newbie-proof as possible.  If one section says A and another B,
I can see the possibility of this being a repeated question on list
and/or new package review BZ.

cheers,
jon