Re: Installing effective Maven POM files

> > That's easily doable. Add xmvn-mojo into pluginManagement of parent
> > POM.
> > Configuration of xmvn-mojo would be inherited by all offspring
> > POMs.
> > One of configuration options available would be disabling
> > generating
> > of
> > effective POMs.
>
> Care to give an example how this will look like?

<project>
  <build>
    <pluginManagement>
      <plugins>
        <!-- This plugin's configuration is used to store XMvn settings
             only. It has no influence on the Maven build itself. -->
        <plugin>
          <groupId>org.fedoraproject.xmvn</groupId>
          <artifactId>xmvn-mojo</artifactId>
          <version>0.4.0</version>
          <configuration>
            <installerSettings>
              <skipEffectivePom>true</skipEffectivePom>
            </installerSettings>
          </configuration>
        </plugin>
    </pluginManagement>
  </build>
</project>

Any configuration option could be specified this way. For example
local depmaps, custom reposirories, logging levels etc.

I include full synopis of available XMvn configuration options below:

<configuration>
  <properties>
    <property>
      <name/>
      <value/>
    </property>
  </properties>
  <buildSettings>
    <debug/>
    <skipTests/>
    <compilerSource/>
  </buildSettings>
  <artifactManagement>
    <rule>
      <artifact>
        <groupId/>
        <artifactId/>
        <version/>
      </artifact>
      <targetPackage/>
      <files/>
      <aliases>
        <alias>
          <groupId/>
          <artifactId/>
          <version/>
        </alias>
      </aliases>
    </rule>
  </artifactManagement>
  <resolverSettings>
    <debug/>
    <localRepositories/>
    <jarRepositories/>
    <pomRepositories/>
    <metadataRepositories/>
    <prefixes/>
    <blacklist>
      <artifact>
        <groupId/>
        <artifactId/>
        <version/>
      </artifact>
    </blacklist>
  </resolverSettings>
  <installerSettings>
    <packageName/>
    <skipProvides/>
    <skipRequires/>
    <skipRequires/>
    </skipEffectivePom>
    <jarDir/>
    <jniDir/>
    <pomDir/>
    <metadataDir/>
    <installRoot/>
  </installerSettings>
</configuration>

> Are you effectively saying that mvn-local/rpmbuild can/will continue
> to use normal(non-effective) poms always? So mvn-local stays a
> usable development tool not just packaging.

Yes. Only %mvn_install installs effective POMs. mvn-rpmbuild, mvn-local,
mvn and xmvn tools don't install any files (that includes POMs).
When using these POM installation is left to /bin/install command or
maven-install-plugin.

--
Mikolaj