Re: Question about wagon-webdav build failure

> In a similar vein, I was trying to get some Java FTBFS bugs fixed
> from
> the mass rebuild and am getting this error:

[...]
> Failed to read artifact descriptor for
> org.apache.maven.shared:maven-artifact-resolver:jar:1.0: The
> repository system is offline but the artifact
> org.apache.maven.shared:maven-shared-components:pom:12 is not
> available in the local repository. -> [Help 1]

This looks like a bug in maven-artifact-resolver.
Looks like EasyFix, so I'll probably fix it tomorrow.

> Is this transient or should I file a bug somewhere?

It's always nice to have a bug report. There are several reasons:

1) I can react to bug reports much faster, they land in my inbox,
but I can check mailing lists only in spare time. Today I fixed
a bug (912437) very similar to this one in a few minutes.

2) I am maintaining large number of packages and it's much easier
to keep track of things that are in Bugzilla. Creating a bug report
helps to make sure the bug will be taken care of.

So please report any bugs found in Bugzilla. If you are unsure which
component to file the bug against then take a guess or use -X option
to mvn-rpmbuild to help you determine the right component.

If you think that the bug may be related to recent changes in Maven
stack then please add me to CC of the bug if I'm not (co)maintainer
of the package (or if you're not sure if I am).

--
Mikolaj