Eclipse PTP build/packaging issue

I'm currently the packager for eclipse-ptp. It has a feature that allows for remote development. Some aspects of this (of which I don't quite understand all of it) require shipping a bundle of eclipse platform jars and stuff over to the remote system to run there. The way this is built currently is the build downloads the prebuilt eclipse code for various platforms to build into the bundle (since the remote system might be anything). Obviously this doesn't fly with Fedora.

I starting looking at perhaps grabbing the built code we already have, but two issues:
- I never quite got this working
- It would only have support for the particular platform that the rpm was built on.

For now I've disabled this feature (and it has been disabled for the life of the package in Fedora). But I'm wondering if there is any possibility of getting this to work somehow in Fedora. Thoughts?

I've posted to both the packaging list and the java list in the hopes of getting the different perspectives.

--
Orion Poplawski
NWRA, Boulder Office                  FAX: 303-415-9702