Re: A script to help packaging Maven artifacts

> I would just add a note that it should be clear enough that this will
> generate RPMs that would not be supportable on Fedora infrastructure.
> In other words the tool would download binary jars from maven central,
> place them in correct subdirectory in (/usr/share/java/maven2rpm/ for
> example) and create proper depmaps so the resulting RPMs would be
> integrated with rest of the system.

No, not at all. This tool would create spec files that after some minor
manual tweaks could be included as a part of Fedora.

This tool would download *source* tarballs and extract metadata from
pom.xml files creating package skeleton with one artifact per subpackage,
%build section consisting of mvn-rpmbuild and so on. Such package would
meet packaging guidelines and could definitely  be used to package
software for inclusion in Fedora.

Mikolaj Izdebski