Re: Guacamole Java Web application

Hi Simone,

----- Original Message -----

Warning: I know nothing about packaging a web app, so please take
all that I say with several grains of salt!  ;)

It seems that in the past there was some effort at standards for
packaging javascript libraries[1].  But even these do not seem to
cover your case, or at least not without you needing to patch the
upstream build extensively, and the guidelines effort seems to have
gone stale.

Maybe some others with more Guru-like qualities would have a different
opinion, but here is what I would do I think:

1. Patch the build to produce a .jar instead of .zip (with the same
contents; a .jar is not much more than .zip with different extension).

2. Install this .jar and related .pom as you normally would.

3. Patch the webapp itself if needed to find the .jar instead of .zip

This is assuming that the webapp needs to use maven to find this
dependency.  Maybe there is some better way.  Like put the zip in
%{_datadir}/%{name} and configure the webapp build to find it there?
Or, maybe the %add_maven_depmap macro can somehow be coaxed into
mapping to the .zip in %{_datadir} and no renaming necessary?  Just
trying to throw out some ideas.

Good luck, hope this helps, or at least does not harm!!

jon

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JavaScript_libraries_packaging_guideline_draft