Re: Guacamole stack in Fedora

Quoting Simone Caronni (2012-05-25 10:57:57)
> Many thanks.
>
> Do you know what these warning messages mean when building the rpm?
>
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [WARNING]
> [WARNING] Some problems were encountered while building the effective
> model for net.sourceforge.guacamole:guacamole-common:jar:0.6.0
> [WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin is missing. @ line 18,
> column 21
> [WARNING]
> [WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they
> threaten the stability of your build.
> [WARNING]
> [WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer
> support building such malformed projects.
> [WARNING]
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Building guacamole-common 0.6.0
> [WARNING] The POM for javax.servlet:servlet-api:jar:2.5 is missing, no
> dependency information available
> [INFO]

We are programmers. We ignore warnings :-)

Ok, gory details:
For a long time we used to strip away parent pom information to simplify
dependencies. In some cases there parent poms were used to define
version of certain plugin for all children (so they wouldn't have to
redefine). However by stripping away parent poms we lose that
information. It's rarely a problem though and we are chipping away at it
bit by bit.

Feel free to ignore them, just be aware of them.

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky@xxxxxxxxxx>

PGP: 7B087241