Re: Handling of EE apis and other multiple implementations

Quoting Stanislav Ochotnicky (2012-05-11 11:53:40)
> One thing I wonder about adding is that each javax.XX providing package
> should also install additional file which would basically constitute
> needed classpath to run the implementation (i.e. arguments for
> build-classpath). For example "glassfish-jsp-api" would need
> "glassfish-jsp" on the classpath so it would install let's say:
> %{_javadir}/javax.servlet.jsp.classpath (just an idea)
> and this would contain:
> glassfish-jsp

Mikolaj's questions on the discussion page made me think of a better
solution (already in  the draft):

 * %{_javadir}/javax.XXX will be a directory
 * this dir will contain all jars (symlinks) needed to use this API (api and impl)

This means things should work like this:

$ build-classpath javax.servlet.jsp
/usr/share/java/javax.servlet.jsp/glassfish-jsp-api.jar:/usr/share/java/javax.servlet.jsp/glassfish-jsp.jar

This is currently broken due to a bug in build-classpath script that
causes it to ignore symlinks to jar files. Possible issue here is that
other distributions taking our packages will be hitting weird bugs due
to this so we should get this into upstream. I don't see why they used
"-xtype f" in find instead of "-type f". Anyone knows?

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky@xxxxxxxxxx>

PGP: 7B087241