Re: Issues with maven-ant-tasks / maven-profile

Excerpts from Guido Grazioli's message of Tue Jul 19 12:03:17 +0200 2011:
> 2011/7/19 Alexander Kurtakov:
> > maven-ant-tasks should depend on maven-project not on maven2. And for it to
> > work properly you might need to create a file in /etc/ant.d adding maven-
> > project and whatever else jars are needed to the classpath. Please do that in
> > the maven-ant-tasks or open a bug with patch we can apply.
>
> i wasn't aware of this ant.d mechanism; i found that a bunch of packages
> need to be added there, should i open a bug for each one? or just
> add it as additional info in the bug requesting to make maven-ant-tasks
> require them?
>
> it turns also out that one of the needed classes is in
> maven-error-diagnostics.jar
> which is provided by maven2 main package; if we want to get rid of maven2
> completely i think it has to be split in a package on its own

The thing is: maven2 package has been split into smaller chunks.
 * maven-project
 * maven-artifact-manager
 * maven-plugin-registry
 * maven-monitor
 * maven-model
 * maven-profile
 * maven-toolchain

And of course main maven2 package. We did this to more easily figure
out what parts of maven2 are still required by our packages. I went
jar-by-jar as they were needed. Now it seems I'll create another
subpackage for error-diagnostics. It would be ideal if upstream simply
got rid of those dependencies or split those parts into separate
projects, but I won't hold my breath for it.

Problem is that some package that used to BR/R maven2 should now
require one or more of the above subpackages. While not ideal, it's
the only sane way to slowly phase-out maven2. If nothing else at least
we'll know which packages still require it.

> >> This probably also needs fixing?
> >> # rpm -q --whatprovides /usr/share/java/maven2/maven-project.jar
> >> maven-project-2.2.1-25.fc16.noarch
> >> maven2-2.2.1-25.fc16.noarch
> > Yes, this definetely needs fixing. Please open a bug report.
>
> ok, bug also has already been taken care of ;)
>
> Forgot to thank you and Stanislav for taking care of the packages I own
> and that i have a little overlooked lately!

I have as well? Heh, I guess since I became provenpackager I've been
committing everywhere without looking much (usually the problems took
less time to fix than filing of a bugreport). I am just glad I haven't
stepped on anyone's toes yet...

Regards,

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky@xxxxxxxxxx>