Re: Java-sig pseudo user and commit messages incoming

On 16:20 Fri 05 Nov     , Mario Torre wrote:
> Il giorno ven, 05/11/2010 alle 14.06 +0000, Dr Andrew John Hughes ha
> scritto:
> > On 12:55 Fri 05 Nov     , Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:
> > > If you read Java SIG's latest meeting summary you know we decided to use
> > > this mailing list for commit messages addressed to java-sig pseudo-user.
> > >
> > > Pseudo-user has been created and mailing list has been set-up to allow
> > > commit messages from monitored packages[1] (thanks to tibbs and mjw)
> > >
> > > This means there will be quite a lot of messages incoming but they
> > > should be easy to filter with your mail client. If you want java-sig to
> > > monitor and check your commits you can add java-sig pseudo user to CC
> > > for your package. For old packages follow [2]. For new packages that you
> > > want to have monitored just add java-sig to CC when asking for SCM.
> > > This is not mandatory (at least for now), but still encouraged :-)
> > >
> > > One thing to note: email of java-sig is this mailing list
> > > (fedora-java@xxxxx) but emails will be comming as if from comitter's
> > > email address as present in FAS. Currently ML is set-up to allow
> > > messages from @fedoraproject.org mail addresses. It will reject commit
> > > messages from other email addresses. If you use different mail for
> > > java-devel ML and for FAS then let me know off-list and I'll add
> > > exception for your email (I just don't feel like checking manually or
> > > scripting this right now).
> > >

> > Why can't these commit messages be sent to a new mailing list rather than
> > flooding this one?
>
> I second that, I like this follow his list and some times problem here
> arise that are of more general interest, but I would really like to not
> have floods of commit messages (I know I can filter them, but at times
> people reply to commit messages, things can become quite messy).
>
> Cheers,
> Mario
> --
> pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
> Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF
>
> Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
> Read About us at: http://planet.classpath.org
> OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/
>
> Please, support open standards:
> http://endsoftpatents.org/

So today I've had to delete about ten such e-mails on this list.  Not only
is this a waste of time, but the e-mails appear as bug reports in many cases
and so get confused with real bug reports that I actually care about.

Please move these automated messages to a separate list.
--
Andrew :)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net
PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint = F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA  7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8