Re: xerces-j2 unversioned Provides

On 20 January 2010 16:23, Andrew Overholt <overholt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * Mat Booth <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2010-01-18 16:57]:
>> On 18 January 2010 21:02, Andrew Overholt <overholt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >
>> > In xerces-j2 we have an unversioned Provides statement:
>> >
>> >  Provides:       jaxp_parser_impl
>> >
>> > Does anyone know what the version of this virtual Provide should be?
>
> This seems to indicate it's at _least_ 1.3:
>
> http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/releases.html
>
> Anyone more knowledgeable than I care to take a stab that what the
> version should be?
>
> Andrew

Hmm, looks like it probably should be 1.3. Reading the docs, xerces
2.9.x seems to support the Java APIs for XML Processing (JAXP)
specification version 1.3.

If it is supposed to be the version of the spec, then java-1.5.0-gcj
should be changed also, because there doesn't appear to be a 1.5
version of the JAXP spec in existence yet.

I could be wrong though...

--
Mat Booth