Re: Eclipse pdebuild trouble

Andrew Overholt wrote:
Hi Orion,

* Orion Poplawski <orion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2008-09-03 12:06]:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/lib/eclipse/dropins/sdk/plugins/org.eclipse.pde.build_3.4.0.v20080604/scripts/${eclipse.pdebuild.scripts}/genericTargets.xml (No such file or directory)

This means something is wrong with your configuration.  We need to make
pdebuild use a clean user.home (I thought I did but it's obviously not
doing it).  Move the build user's ~/.eclipse out of the way and see if
the problem persists.  If it does, you'll need to add -D to the pdebuild
line and examine the output for missing bundle lines, etc.

Andrew

--
I recently ran into this problem. In addition to Andrew's suggestion of moving your ~/.eclipse out of the way, verify that your /usr/lib/eclipse/dropins/jdt and /usr/lib/eclipse/dropins/sdk directories don't have an eclipse subdirectory as well as plugins and features subdirectories. The newer model is no longer have the extra "eclipse" directory in-between. When I recently updated, the uninstall did not properly remove the eclipse subdirectory and there were a couple of straggling plugins found there. It appears that the resolution method doesn't backtrack so once it goes down the eclipse subdirectory and finds plugins, there are missing plugins so things go badly from there-on and the special ant extensions (e.g. eclipse.pdebuild.scripts) don't get resolved.

-- Jeff J.