Re: F9: Eclipse problems found

Hi Dan,

> BIRT (missing required components from which I could not find to
> resolve),

This is a special case IIRC because it requires a specific version of
Tomcat bundled up which we don't ship.  If you want to use BIRT, it's
probably easiest to just use an eclipse.org download.

> Mylin,
> PyDev

There are RPMs of both of these.

> + Eclipse C/C++ Development Tools 4.0.3 200804041441
> Plug-in "org.eclipse.cdt.core.linux.x86" version "4.0.0.200804041441"
> referenced by this feature is missing.

I thought we had talked about this before, but this is a bug in the old
Update manager when dealing with fragments.  It doesn't affect
functionality.

> + Graphical Editing Framework SDK 3.3.0 200802201606
> The feature is disabled.
> (Replaced by Graphical Editing Framework SDK 3.3.2.v20080129)

I don't know where you got GEF but if it's some old Feodra package,
remove it.

> + SETools 3.3.2.4
> Plug-in "com.tresys.setools.linux.x86" version "3.3.2" referenced by
> this feature is missing.

This is the same as the CDT fragment issue above.

> Plug-in "org.eclipse.equinox.common" version "3.3.0.v20070426"
> referenced by this feature is missing.

I have no idea about these features.  But the important point is that
there are known bugs in the old Update manager when dealing with split
configurations like we have in Fedora.  The dialogue you used that gave
you these "errors" is a part of the old Update manager.  If you notice
actual behavioural problems (the BIRT issue is a unique case), then we
have an issue, but these "configuration is broken" messages are harmless
and incorrect.

In the future, please file bugs for potential issues you find.  Thanks.

Andrew