Re: compatible provides?

Andrew Overholt wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 17:05 -0400, Benjamin Reed wrote:
Would it be possible to add compatible provides to the openjdk -devel
package?
[...]
Unfortunately, there are no provides that are the same across OpenJDK
and Sun's Java:

You mean the Sun-distributed RPM, right?  I've heard many complaints
over the years about issues with it but it doesn't seem that it's going
to change any time soon.  If I had to guess, I'd say the OpenJDK
packages provide the same things as the JPackage Sun, etc. nosrc RPMs.
Tom can clarify since he maintains the OpenJDK packages.

Right, but since you do have control over the OpenJDK rpms, adding a "Provides: jdk = 1.6.0" would help.

Right now I had to make a dummy "jdk" package that requires "openjdk >= 1.5" so that our existing RPMs install without issue...

--
Benjamin Reed
The OpenNMS Group