Re: Introduction to the List from OpenNMS

Gang:

Hello there. I am one of the maintainers for OpenNMS, a free and open, enterprise-grade network management system written in Java. With the advent of OpenJDK we are hoping to get involved in the packaging of Java applications such as our own. I had lunch with gdk and Michael DeHaan today and it was suggested that this would be the best list for this.

http://blogs.opennms.org/?p=222

So I just wanted to say "howdy".

And since I just now joined myself, I wanted to say "howdy" as well.  :)

I'm guessing that there will be a lot of energy around packaging Java applications for Fedora, now that OpenJDK is in Fedora 9. So I may well be driving a lot of Java folks to this list to absorb everyone's collected wisdom. Blame me if the rabble start tearing up the place.

--g